This subject provides concepts and techniques to prepare students with advanced numerical control (CNC) and computer aided manufacturing (CAM) application. The course covers the following concepts and techniques; practice safety; apply mathematical concepts; interpret engineering drawings and control documents; recognize different manufacturing materials and processes; measure/inspect; perform advanced machining; use verification and communication systems; and program using Five-Axis CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) systems.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Explain the basic operation principles and control systems of CNC machine [PO1,K1 ]
2. Construct Five-Axis CNC Programming for milling operations [PO5,K2]
3. Analyze problem related with CNC Program using linear moves, circular moves and canned cycles [PO2, K3, CTPS3]
4. Use Five-Axis CNC Milling Machine [PO3, CS4]
5. Demonstrate positive team working attributes by contributing actively in group project [PO8, TS3, A3