This subject will discuss about the control systems engineering, analysis in time and frequency domain responses; stability in time and frequency domain; design in time domain (root locus) and frequency domain (Bode plot).
At the end of the subject, students should be able to:
- Interpret the knowledge of basic control systems.
- Use the root locus technique in solving control system problems.
- Design PI, PD, PID, Lag, Lead and Lag-Lead controller via root locus technique.
- Use frequency response technique in solving control system problems.
- Design Lag, Lead and Lag-Lead compensator via frequency response technique.
- Differentiate and evaluate the techniques in designing controller for a system.
- Apply other resources and ideas to complete the task given.