This subject will introduce to the electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic electrical actuator & drive system. This subject wills discussion on the definition, symbols, system, circuits, operation and component of the pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical actuator system. Another part of this subject will covers on the electrical drive for DC and AC motor. It focuses on the fundamental of the electrical drive including element, block diagram, feedback, load characteristics and motor sizing. In addition special discussion on the four quadrants operation with chopper fed dc driver for DC motor drive and three phase drive system.
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify power electronics conversion in DC and AC drives.
- Explain, model and design a DC and AC drive systems.
- Explain the use of electrical and mechanical actuator in motor drive systems
- Install and test the DC and AC motor drives, pneumatic/hydraulic and electro pneumatic/hydraulic application circuits.
- Demonstrate the operation of basic DC and AC motor drives, pneumatic/hydraulic and electro pneumatic/hydraulic systems.